Friday, July 13, 2012

Getting traffic to your eCommerce website

How can I get traffic to my eCommerce website?


Some call it "driving traffic to your site", but I see it more as caressing traffic, because let's face it, you can't force anyone to do anything. Would you pay your taxes without threat of force? :)

Many think the number one way is to create a blog, and I agree. Blogging is more powerful that you can imagine, and mostly free. It takes time, effort, thought, engagement, passion, and drive. Chances are that your eCommerce site is something you are passionate about, and it's easy to caress traffic when you have passion.

Blogging is the most fun I've had since discovering modern video games.  I'm serious. Blogging is engaging. Looking at blog statistics is a powerful motivator to continue with the work. If you can call it work. If you love to write, you will most likely take to blogging like a duck to water. So check out Blogger, WordPress, or TypePad.

I'll confess, I have not tried WordPress or TypePad, yet. I found out about them while reading "Create your own blog: 6 easy projects to start blogging like a pro" by Tris Hussey. Tris has been blogging for years, and makes his living from blogging. It's a great read and gets high marks from readers on Amazon. That said, I do plan to try them out. Right now, I am loving Blogger so much, I don't have time to check them out.

Back on topic...


Blog about your site. Blog often, and make the content interesting and fun. Focus on your niche. Don't blog about everything in the world, stay on topic. Link to your site often, like this. You will be surprised at how quickly you get traffic. And business. 

Need extra help?


Visit James Hickey's Internet Marketing Success Blog. He is a veritable treasure trove of solid blogospherian fare. Start there.



Join the eCommerce revolution!

No comments: